Skip to main content

Intense Encaustic


Knowledge is Power!
Encaustic Workshops are starting soon and I have structured a special program specifically for the passionate beginner. Classes are held in my working studio with full access to all of my equipment and materials. This also means the number of students per session is limited. Smaller class size will result in lots of individualized attention for each participant. The classes are set up as  2-day immersive workshops designed to get you started and build your confidence or simply regain your enthusiasm for working with wax.

Day-1 We will cover all the basics and get you familiar with using the materials. This includes safe studio practices, demonstrations and supplier resources.

Day- 2 The second day will feature demos of specialized techniques and some of my secrets for creating unusual effects.


Space is limited so contact me if you wish to participate. First workshop takes place Dec 4 & 5 , 2010. The next workshop will be held on Feb 12 & 13 with additional classes slated for Spring and Summer 2011. Click here to inquire!

Recently, I had the opportunity to speak at Gage Academy of Art. Instructor, Hamid Zavareei, invited me into his classroom to talk with his students and demonstrate some of my techniques for working with wax. It was such an honor and delight to share my passion for encaustic painting with the class and they were all so eager to learn. Thank you for the warm welcome. Below are some images of Zavareei’s work.

Hamid Zavareei - Smithy

Hamid Zavareei - Solitude II


Comments