Skip to main content

Drifting...in the Studio


Painting night and day now as I come into the final stretch of preparation for my show next month at the Grover /Thurston Gallery. Some of the paintings I am creating are quite large for encaustic works but I am having fun wrestling with these big guys and arriving at some surprising new places within the work. The opening will be held on July 5th from 6 to 8 and I will be hanging out to discuss this new series and connect with dear friends who have otherwise lost me to the art world. The show runs through August 15th and there will be another opening event held on August 2nd for the First Thursday Art Walk. I hope you can join me for one or both of these events. Formal details below:



Drifting
Alicia Tormey

opening reception  July 5th  - 6pm to 8pm

Show runs July 5th - August 15th
Grover /Thurston Gallery
319 3rd Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98104


More images and some thoughts on the inspiration for this show are soon to follow...



Comments

mansuetude said…
absolutely beautiful, fluid, elegant!
Alicia Tormey said…
Just saw this comment from you mansuetude...THANK YOU!
Qui sait le pourquoi de notre imaginaire, la part d'inconscient et ces frontières toujours repoussées, parfois franchies qui nous donne l'ivresse de la création ?

Très bel univers artistique.
Amicalement

Roger